Friday, April 20, 2007

Yay! I've arrived!

Hello to all! Thank you for inviting me! What a geat day...my first blog experience, first swap, first affiliation with a knitting group...hard to believe I made it to 50 before I did any of these things. It's so very exciting! I've come back to knitting after a 40 year hiatus (my dear departed Grama taught me when I was a child). My daughter talked me into a beginners class last year and there's been no stopping since. The two of us have spent some good quality time sitting and knitting in my cramped little sewing room-turned knitting lounge. I like to knit socks with intricate cuff patterns and have been combing the internet for ever-more-challenging designs. Thank you to all who are feeding my need. I'm a quilter, crocheter, sew garments and read a good novel a few pages at a time (fewer since the yarn and needles snuck into my life). I'm having some great laughs right now with Yarn Harlot's Cast Off. My adoring husband and I have 4 adult children, 2 grandchildren, 2 dogs and 5 granddogs. I'm so excited about the coffee swap! There's nothing like a good strong cup on a beautiful sunny morning like this one. Thanks again for inviting me, I'm honored, truly! Have a great day! PS: Glad the little one is feeling better.

No comments: