Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hello from Ohio

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be a part of this swap. I'm a fairly new knitter. My stepmom taught me over ten years ago and then my sister taught me to crochet a few years back. But after taking a knitting class last November, I've become obsessed. I love it and am currently knitting my first pair of socks. I also just learned needle-felting which is really fun. I've even gotten two satin angora rabbits, convinced that someday I'll learn to spin and use their wool to make my own yarn and then knit something wonderful with it! Love the idea of creating something from the beginning, you know.? Ok, so I watched a little too much Little House on the Prairie as a kid (and still as an adult) Anyway, I'm a doula, childbirth educator and do belly casting. My midwives were always knitting when they weren't helping me during my birth, so I figure it is part of the birth and babybusiness. I also love coffee, albeit heavily creamed and sugared! The only place I won't get coffee from seems to be a favorite, Starbucks. This is only because they put the little family owned coffe shop that I used to work at in my early twenties, out of business. They had to put one right next door even though there was one only a mile away. Ok, so it's pretty stupid but I'm stubborn and it makes me feel like a rebel. Love reading all of your intro's and can't wait to meet my partner!

No comments: