Monday, April 23, 2007

Hi from Minnesota

Hello all! My name is Perri (aka Spinning Dervish). I live in Roseville, MN, which is a part of the Twin Cities. Although I'm not always good about keeping it current, my blog can be found here. I live with my partner of 23 years and our 13 year old son. Also, one dog (a standard poodle) and two cats. I knit, spin, read (mostly science fiction/fantasy), and garden and there's never enough time to do any of it. I work in a small, regional office for an international relief and development agency doing fund raising and education about poverty and hunger issues. My office covers Minnesota and the Dakotas so I travel quite a bit in those three states. Once every few years I get to travel overseas so I've been to India, Cambodia, Vietnam, Honduras, Peru, Laos, and Thailand. This January I'm leading a trip to Africa, probably Kenya and Tanzania. The travel is one of the things I love about my job and I'm proud of the work we do.

I have been knitting about four years (I think) and spinning for almost a year. My latest project is my first sweater. The knitting part is nearly finished, but I'm really dreading the blocking and seaming. I love coffee and tea equally. Right now I am seriously addicted to the Cinnamon Dulce Latte at Starbucks. I have the strange habit of drinking mostly tea in the winter and mostly coffee in the summer, so the timing of this swap is great -- just about time to switch over to coffee! Coffee and yarn...what a great combination!

No comments: