Saturday, April 21, 2007

My intro

I'm having such a great time reading everyone's introductions. What an awesome round this is going to be! I realized that I should probably post an introduction too for all our newbies.

I'm a 33 year old Wisconsin transplant who moved to Minneapolis nine years ago. I live with quite the cast of characters: my husband, the Skeptic, Little Man (4 yrs) and Knittybaby (1 yr). My two little boys are enough reason alone to be a big coffee drinker. It's the only way I can keep up with them! I keep track of all my adventures over here.

Knitting is but one of the creative outlets in my life, although it's certainly the one at the top of my list. I'm also a musician, but right now that is mostly limited to teaching elementary music part time. After Little Man was born I realized that keeping up with the bassoon and being a mom was a hard mix. I still play a bit, but I started knitting a few months after Little Man was born. It's much quieter and I love it just as much as I love music. Knitting has brought me back to all the other creative endeavors I loved as a child. (I crocheted and embroidered). Now I knit, spin and sew as well. There's nothing I love more than stealing a few minutes of knitting with a hot cup of coffee, although like most moms with little kids, I usually end up drinking my coffee cold:-)

xoxo
Knittymama

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Ah yes, when my Princess was a baby was the first time I ever had cold coffee in my life. I soon discovered if you add a few ice cubes, some sugar and cream it isn't half bad ;-)

KnitMe said...

I can't imagine trying to practice with 2 busy boys! I played (poorly) in HS after I fell in love with the wonderful, rich song. Glad to hear that Knittybaby is on the mend. Both his mother and the fabulous sling are washable. ;)