Wednesday, April 25, 2007

getting to know each other

Yey, my swap partner and I have met (in a manner of speaking - well, electronically that is)! This is going to be really fun. I read her email drinking coffee...I enjoyed a luxury yesterday, that was all the more enjoyable for its rarity: after a singing session (did I mention I'm a singer?) in the centre of London, I took my little laptop to a nearby Starbucks, sat in a big comfy chair with a Café Latte next to me and worked in the centre of town. It felt a bit like a holiday, although I actually got a lot done as well. Maybe one of these days (or rather weekends) I will repeat it with a new knitting project. This reminds me - can anyone recommend a good pattern for a classic, elegant lace scarf?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTbranchingout.html
I couldn't link but that is a scarf on Knitty.com called Branching Out...I was just looking at it yesterday...

Tigerduck said...

Thank you, Cheryl - looks very nice. I might just try it. Also, I've come across a book "Victorian Lace Today"... we'll see how it goes :)