Friday, April 20, 2007

Hello From Sunny Seattle

Hey there everyone! My name's Theresa, and as you may have guessed, I live in the lovely Pacific Northwest. And yes, there really were bright blue skies earlier today. Unfortunately, with those skies comes colder temperatures, but then that's what we have hot tasty beverages for, isn't it?

Technically, I learned to knit when I was seven, but I never did much with it then. All I remember is an olive green piece of garter stitch with one white stripe in it. It wasn't until five years ago that I really took up knitting. My first project ever was a lacy baby blanket. That taught me never to assume a project was beyond my skill. I moved quickly on to other challenges, sweaters, cables, socks... you name it, I've tried it. I'm even trying my hand at designing now. The first few are going to end up as patterns for the shop I work in, but after that, who knows.

Knitting isn't my first love though. I've been playing with plants since before I can remember. I've got a greenhouse in my basement where I grow orchids. Currently, I only have about 40 or so, but there's room for plenty more. If you thought knitting was an addictive hobby, try orchids!

Of course, right now finding time for any of my hobbies is a bit of a challenge. My nine month old daughter most definitely claims the majority of my time. Case in point, it's taken me over an hour to write this post. Figuring out how to manage my time better is high on my list of priorities. Maybe then I will be able to update my blog more. Actually, that one will be going away soon, and moving here. As you can see, the new one is still a work in progress, but hopefully it will be ready soon.

Oh, I was playing around with Photoshop a bit and made a few buttons you all can use if you wish. All I ask is that you download them to your own machines, rather than linking to my servers. Enjoy!






Hey, if anyone knows how to get rid of those white borders around my images, I'd love to know. My knowledge of CSS and HTML is limited, and has failed to help me figure this one out, despite messing with it for a while.

EDIT: OK, the borders just must be the way this blogger template is designed to display images. Perfectionist me will just have to live with it. ;)

3 comments:

StarKnits said...

i love your buttons. the last to esp! i think the white lines are just for the blog and how it post pix up.. i'm not sure that helps you or not

Bubblesknits said...

Those are so pretty! I wish I knew how to use PhotoShop, but it confuses the mess out of me.

limonetricot said...

Lovely buttons, have added one to my blog (knitupsticks.blogspot.com) once I worked out how buttons work!