Monday, April 23, 2007

Adding the Button

Will someone wiser than me please post how to add the button using the new Blogger "Add a Page Element" feature? Someone previously gave a link to the Blogger 101 page but the instructions there were for the old Blogger format and I can't figure out how to make it work with the new one. I followed those instructions, but when you get to the "Look for some text that looks like this..." I find that there is no text that looks like that.

I tried to add it using the HTML/Java Script page element and it worked in that the link worked and a box that had the right label appeared but there was no graphic. I tried to type out the code I used, but blogger is trying to convert it when it publishes and I'm getting an error. I wish Blogger would add a "Add a Button" page element! Can someone give me the code to use with the HTML/Java Script page element?

3 comments:

Kamika said...

I tried to input the code here in comments for you but blogger wouldn't let me. Did you save the picture you wanted to your photo hosting site (ie. Photobucket, Flicker, etc.)? If not you will need to do that first and then input its URL location as the img src.

HTH!

Spinning Dervish said...

No, I followed the instructions that were on the Blog 101 page. It has you save the graphic on your own hard drive. This is what I used to do with the old Blogger and it worked great! Now, I can't seem to get the code to recognize my C: drive as a source.

limonetricot said...

I don't know if this is the right/best way to do it, but I've never done it before now and this is the way I worked it out...

*Choose add a page element
*Choose the 'Text' element
*In the content box put your code

< REMOVE a href="http://coffeeswap.blogspot.com/">< REMOVE img src="http://IMAGE CODE HERE" border="0" / REMOVE >< REMOVE /a REMOVE >

Remove the words REMOVE (and the space either side of the word) and replace IMAGE CODE HERE with the URL of your image from Photobucket or the like

Worked for me...eventually!!

And because I used the 'Text' element in means you can put more than one button code in the content box and it results in a neat list which you can then add a title to (i.e. Swaps/KALS)

Check my blog to see if you like the way it looks - knitupsticks.blogspot.com

Happy Button Making!