Friday, April 20, 2007

Another Greeting from the South

YAY - I'm so excited to get in this round! I live in Flowery Branch, Georgia which is between Atlanta and Gainesville, GA. Its a small little town that is beginning to feel the big city suburbs encroching on it. Which can be good and bad. I'm hoping for good. ANYWAY . . . . Let me introduce myself.

I've been knitting for about a year and a half and loving it. My husband now does research when we travel. Where are the knitting stores AND Starbucks on the route we are taking. GRIN!! What a great man!!! As much as I love Starbucks for being everywhere, I also love to find those off the wall independent coffee stores too. And actually, I guess I like my yarn stores the same way.

My mother taught me to knit the way my father's mother taught her to knit. And she started me of with a scarf and she taught me to cast on, knit a row and then purl a row. I think as a result, I have no fear of purl. ;) I LOVE TO KNIT. I've done other hobbies over the years, but so far this one has stuck on the longest. I think because it has so much variety and at the same time continuety. (I spelled that one wrong)

I had the goal of making this a learn how to do socks and lace year, but a minor car accident has put that to a "Screeching" halt. And in a way, its a blessing. I am fine, but x-rays show that I am developing arthritis in my neck, so I must make sure to not do marathon knitting sessions and take many breaks along the way. Which is not a bad thing, just kind of makes the thought of doing shawls or long term projects even longer and so, I'm going to table those plans until we get everything under control. Then, watch out!!!

Enough of me blathering, I'm just excited and ready to get to know new friends. And try new coffee!

No comments: