Monday, November 06, 2006

My answers

• What are you knitting now?
I'm finishing up a hat for my toddler. Also still working on the dreaded cotton cardigan. Though it's not technically on needles, but on needle. Grafting away.

What yarns are you coveting?
Hmmm. I just ordered some BlueMerino from Cinnamon Stitches and I can hardly wait to try it out. I would love to try some merino silk blends, but am waiting until I have an actual project.

• What's your favorite yarn and why?
I love everything about the Blue Face Leicester from Wooly Wonders by Nada. I emailed Brad some photos of scenery around my home, and he dyed the perfect colorway. DS has been wearing those pants for at least 6 months, and they are still holding up. It pills some, not as much as merino, but pretty much stops pilling after a few washes and one or two sessions of cutting off the pills. I love the feel of it, too. It's a silky softness.

What's your favorite yarn store and why?
Woodland Woolworks is my favorite place to shop. They have a great clearance section, good variety, and good prices, especially on my fav. needles (Inox Express). They also have some nice extras, like unique buttons, and back issues of lots of magazines. They're a spinning/weaving store, too, so I can fondle lots of fibers. :)

I go to another LYS for Knit Night, and when I need something quickly. They are more $$ than Woodland, but closer, and all of the employees are super friendly. Even when I bring my kiddos ;)

No comments: