Tuesday, November 07, 2006

knitting away in Chicago

• What are you knitting now?
I have a lot on the needles for once! Usually I stick to one or two projects at a time. Maybe it's the chill in the November air that's compelling me to knit.


- a Mason-Dixon baby kimono in Bernat Cottontots

- a twisted stitch scarf (AKA the Yarn Harlot's one-row wonder) in light blue Plymouth Suri Merino
- basic mittens from the book Holiday Knits in bright blue Lamb's Pride worsted (my first project on DPNs)
- a diagonal lattice scarf in Hollyberry Knit Picks Andean Silk

• What yarns are you coveting?
Well, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the lavender/violet Malabrigo that I ordered from WEBS for an Hourglass sweater. That's really what I want most right now!

I'm interested in trying some organic wool yarns, like Nature's Palette organic plant-dyed worsted weight, and the Vermont Fiber Company's O-Wool. I also would love some Fleece Artist yarn and Socks That Rock mediumweight (they have the most beautiful colorways right now!).

• What's your favorite yarn and why?
Malabrigo, hands down. It's so soft and wonderful to work with. I also love how easy it is on the wrists and hands. I also enjoy watching the color changes of Noro Silk Garden.

• What's your favorite yarn store and why?
Loopy Yarns here in Chicago. They have a great selection of yarns, especially Lorna's Laces, and they offer a student discount.

No comments: