Friday, February 20, 2009

Contest No. 2




Coffee Review:
Fortnum & Mason's Kings Blend Coffee
Fortnum & Mason's is a quintessential British shop which used to ship foodstuffs to intrepid explorers. These days you don't need to be an explorer to enjoy their products and one of my favourite coffees is their Kings Blend Coffee. It is a smooth coffee with a tiny bit of a kick, not too strong but not too mild. It is a combination of mild blends from Central America and Kenya with a little Robusta. I find it a gentle way to start the day and enjoy a couple of cups in the morning.

Yarn Review:
Trekking XXL
I think Trekking XXL is a definite backbone of my sock collection. It is a blend of 75% wool and 25% nylon which really makes it a hard-wearing and flexible sock yarn. The slight stretch means that I can knit socks for my husband who has a big navicular bone (bone at the top of the foot nearest the leg). I like the different colour ranges in this series of yarns which can be so much fun to explore!

No comments: