Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Name this yarn contest!


Hi everyone, in honor of the knitter's coffee swap and my new pal Sunne, I'd (as in whiteoakstudio) like to have a contest (knittymama and Kathy aka mistress of contests get to enter! yay!). I have already decided the name (and reason for the name) for this yarn. The person who correctly names this coffee-inspired yarn wins some of this yarn. Here are the guidelines (just fyi, did you know that the latest office politics require that we no longer have "rules"? nope. now we have "guidelines" :-) ):

  • the yarn in my etsy shop whiteoakstudio has colorways named after tv shows or movies (that you can watch on tv, i.e. dvds)

  • remember it's coffee-inspired - the colorway has rich espresso for us diehards, creamy foam, cinnamon color for spice-flavor lovers, and some deep pink for those of you who just have to have some flavor added like peppermint or hazelnut.

To enter, send me an email at whiteoakstudio AT yahoo DOT com and in your email make sure you have these 3 things:

  1. your first name (or blog-handle) so I can announce you as the winner

  2. your guess for the NAME of the yarn

  3. your guess for the REASON why the coffee-inspired yarn should have that name

You have until 5pm on Friday, June 1 '07 to send me email with your entry. If more than one person has the correct answer, my son will draw one name of those correct entries out of his Harley hat (that my brother gave him and I was not amused). GOOD LUCK!

p.s. I already have colorways with these names, so it is NOT one of these: Friends, Sleepless in Seattle, Survivor, I Love Lucy, The Color Purple, C.S.I., Law and Order, Sex and the City, Out of Africa, True Grit, Rooster Cogburn, Sunset Boulevard, Anne of Green Gables, Desperate Housewives, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Grey's Anatomy, Medium, Green Acres, American Idol, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Pink Panther, Sesame Street, Gilligan's Island, Three's Company, MASH, The Color of Money, Hawaii Five-o, Three Men and a Baby, The X-Files, Monk, The Wizard of Oz, The Fellowship of the Ring, Twilight Zone, and Ocean's Eleven (whew)

5 comments:

Megan said...

Ok, this may be dumb question, but are saying that the movie or show you named it after is actually coffe inspired or just the yarn and it reminds you of movie or show? I love that idea by the way, the tv themed yarn is so much fun! Got any for Lost or Little House on the Prairie?

white oak studio said...

Megan, the show/movie has something related to coffee in it AND the yarn is coffee-inspired. make sense? hope so! Jana

Knittymama said...

Oooh, I thought of friends right away, but you've got that one already. Hmmmm...I'm gonna have to think on this one. :-)

Love the colorway and contest idea!!!

KnitMe said...

Oh, what fun! Years of TV knitting finally might pay off. We thought and laughed adn thought some more-all while knitting.

Laura said...

ooh, I can't wait to find out what you named it!