Monday, May 07, 2007

I've been gifted!

Oh my! I came home and found a USPS box on the side porch. My first thought, "Did I order some yarn?" Yow! It was my coffee swapper's prezzie box! Oh, sweetness! I'll describe it since I can't seem to figure out how to post a pic. A pound of Peace coffee! She says that it is local and delivered by people on bicycles! A bar of Peace soap--coffee-themed! A set of stitch markers - coffee-themed and so incredibly cute and a tape measure to match! Locally made chocolates--the second of which is in my mouth right now. Mmmmmm. Finally, 3 skeins of Misti Alpaca in a yummy chocolate brown, deep forest green and zingy hot pink! And you know what she suggested? Eunny's Endpaper Mitts. How did she know I wanted to make those? You should feel this yarn. I immediately put my face right down in it. Thank you, Chris! Some day I'll come to see your beautiful city! Your box is almost packed, so wait a bit more, patiently, please!!!

Thank you all for this swap. What fun it has been to shop for "my" knitter. I feel like I am sending love and care which only makes me and the world better. No, I won't ask you to sing Kum-ba-yah.....not that it would hurt you one bit! Heh!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I agree with you completely. Even as I prepare to put my swapee's care package together I find myself so excited. It is a wondeful thing to give and receive - often we don't know the reward it is to make someone else's day.

SD & her blog

Chris said...

Yay!! I'm glad it arrived safely and that you like everything!!