Friday, May 25, 2007

Barb, you're the best!!!


My fantastic partner, Barb sent me a lovely parcel of goodies, which arrived at the perfect time!! Last night was my big writing night that I'd set aside to tackle my final essay for my philosophy course. I was so dragged out and tired when I got home from work, but what was sitting there waiting for me, but a package of treats fit for a queen! Chocolate coffee, irish cream coffee, yarn, stitch markers and caramel kisses (where have these been hiding all my life that I'd never found them before???) I brewed a big pot of the Chocolate coffee and thankfully it kept me fueled well into the night! I'm almost done the essay... but I think it's going to take another pot of coffee. I wonder if Irish Cream is though provoking as chocolate? Ha ha! I can attest to the fact that there's nothing like chocolate flavoured coffee to boost a girl in the morning either! The yarns she sent are absolutely delectable too! The green is so soft and pretty and the lopi is such an amazing colour! And who can resist cotton? I love hand knit dish cloths (you have to admit they are the best for sure!) and now I can just grab my handy ball of cotton and make one any time I want! I think it would be a perfect bus knitting project! Small, quick and easy to do!

Thank you Barb, for your generousity and fantastic taste!!!! I'll be sending your parcel out really soon!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I'm glad you got it and like everything!!! BTW the caramel kisses, I found them at Safeway :)

prairiegirl said...

Really???? How have I never seen them? Maybe I don't go down the treat aisle enough (probably a good thing ... tee hee hee). I'm still lovin' the chocolate coffee. I can't seem to get enough of it. I had a pot yesterday morning and then made another one last night - had to stay awake to pick up G at midnight from a party! I think this morning feels like a Irish Cream morning though! :)