Friday, December 01, 2006

My favorite place for a cup of joe is just down the street:
Caribou Coffee in Boystown
I know, Caribou is a corporate chain, but it's near and dear to my heart for a couple reasons.
my favorite place to sit
The semi-rustic decor with exposed beams, the comfy leather chairs, and the stone fireplace remind me of cabins up north in Minnesota. Chicago's a great place to live, don't get me wrong, but I miss my home state, especially in the winter, when I long for the frozen tundra, deer, and pine trees.

Caribou started in Minnesota. The founders started it with their trip to Alaska in mind, but really it seems more Minnesota-themed to me. The Ho Ho Mocha, topped with a generous dollop of whipped cream and crushed candy cane, is to die for, and the Gingerbread Latte isn't half bad, either.

No comments: