Friday, December 01, 2006

Coffee Poem

One of my co-workers has this posted on her wall of her office! I thought it was kind of cute!

Caffeine

Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction, I
will fear no Equal (tm):
For thou art with me;
Thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez:
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the House of Maxwell for ever.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

It seems kind of sacreligious but hilarious at the same time. My favorite part is the bit about thy cream and sugar.

prairiegirl said...

I agree! I hummed and hawed about posting it, and just hoped people would find the humour in it! :)

Sarah

Le Butterfly said...

I enjoyed !

& I am a Pastor's wife.