Monday, December 11, 2006

The Art of giving

The Art of giving

I have really enjoyed being part of the knitters Coffee Swap. I have not yet received my parcel, neither has my partner received hers.

Being involved with this swap has really been a fun experience. I have gotten know a lot other people. I have gotten to know my friend Ruth better. I have gotten to know the area I live in and the products on offer better. I liked the fact that it was an open swap and that you could ask your partner questions.

The only down side was that I had to watch the weight of my parcel because of the cost of sending it overseas.

I was involved with a secret friend group in Church one year. Half way through the year my partner moved and the gifts stopped and no-one knew. I will still sending to my partner but I was not receiving anything. Not nice.

There is definitely a joy one gets in buying gifts (as long as you are not stressed about money).
Its wonderful to get a gift that you actually like. You know someone has taken care to think about you.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE INVOLVED THEMED SWAP ONCE A QUARTER?

7 comments:

prairiegirl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
prairiegirl said...

I would love to take part in more swaps! (This was my first ever!) I really enjoyed putting together a parcel for my swap friend. Getting gifts for people is so much fun - I think I like it more than the getting! (Don't get me wrong - I'm not a saint or anything. I do love prezzies too!) And meeting new friends is always great too! Count me in if you think of doing a "swap schedule" in the new year for sure!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a scheduled themed swap. This was so much fun and such a good one. Count me in!

Anonymous said...

I would like to join in.

Gretchen said...

I like the idea of a scheduled theme swap. This was my first, it it was so much fun trying to pick fun things for someone else! Count me in!

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker, as I don't drink coffee. (I know, sorry!) But I'd love to participate in other themed swaps.

GirlyWithATwist said...

Sounds like fun!!!