Monday, December 11, 2006

The Art of giving

The Art of giving

I have really enjoyed being part of the knitters Coffee Swap. I have not yet received my parcel, neither has my partner received hers.

Being involved with this swap has really been a fun experience. I have gotten know a lot other people. I have gotten to know my friend Ruth better. I have gotten to know the area I live in and the products on offer better. I liked the fact that it was an open swap and that you could ask your partner questions.

The only down side was that I had to watch the weight of my parcel because of the cost of sending it overseas.

I was involved with a secret friend group in Church one year. Half way through the year my partner moved and the gifts stopped and no-one knew. I will still sending to my partner but I was not receiving anything. Not nice.

There is definitely a joy one gets in buying gifts (as long as you are not stressed about money).
Its wonderful to get a gift that you actually like. You know someone has taken care to think about you.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE INVOLVED THEMED SWAP ONCE A QUARTER?

8 comments:

prairiegirl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
prairiegirl said...

I would love to take part in more swaps! (This was my first ever!) I really enjoyed putting together a parcel for my swap friend. Getting gifts for people is so much fun - I think I like it more than the getting! (Don't get me wrong - I'm not a saint or anything. I do love prezzies too!) And meeting new friends is always great too! Count me in if you think of doing a "swap schedule" in the new year for sure!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a scheduled themed swap. This was so much fun and such a good one. Count me in!

Anonymous said...

I would like to join in.

Gretchen said...

I like the idea of a scheduled theme swap. This was my first, it it was so much fun trying to pick fun things for someone else! Count me in!

Le Fleur said...

COOL

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker, as I don't drink coffee. (I know, sorry!) But I'd love to participate in other themed swaps.

Angela Marie said...

Sounds like fun!!!