Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Parcel arrived and contest #3 entry

The wonderful parcel from my swap partner Jeremy Corona arrived today, thank you so very much Jeremy, I loved everything: 1lb of Sumatra dark roast, coffee flavouring powder, delicious nutty biscuits and yummy chocolates, 100g Cascade fixation and 100g of DK wool yarn handed by Jeremy in scrumptious fruit sherbet colours with kool aid (that yarn makes me feel hungry when I see it), the summer issue of Interweave Knits, pretty hand made stitch markers ... what a great pal. I can't wait to knit your hand dye, it is so delicious looking. I really want to post a picture but DH is away at the moment, I will get him to post one here or on my blog when he gets back this weekend, but I don't think I can resist the munchies that long ... actually ... I have already scoffed the mint chocolate one.

Ok, the contest. I don't often buy brown or earth colourways, so this was an easy one. There is only one brown colored yarn I have to try some day, it is Fingering weight Buffalo Gold, and you can find it here http://www.kyarns.com/buffalo-gold-bison-artisan-yarn-fingeringd-weight-yarn.html
the pattern I want to knit in this yarn is the Wavy Feathers Qiviut scarf by Caryll Designs, and the free pattern is available at http://www.carylldesigns.com/wavy_feathers_scarf.htm

Thanks for such an enjoyable swap.

No comments: