Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What You Need to Know

Edited: The swap is closed. Check back next spring for Coffee Swap Two!

Okay, we all know the really important stuff is the coffee and the yarn, but just to be clear, here’s the dirt:

THE KNITTERS COFFEE SWAP

-You must love coffee and be a knitter/crocheter.

-This is an international swap, so be sure to let me know if you are NOT willing to ship internationally so I can pair you accordingly.

-This swap is for the bloggers and the blogless. If you’re blogless, be sure to use our blog often as it will help your pal get to know you a little better.

-The box should value around $30 - $40 (not including postage) and at the minimum it must include:

-coffee! (about a pound, and we’re talking the good stuff here!:-)
-1-2 skeins of yarn, enough for a small project such as a hat, socks, a scarf, etc.
-treats to go with the coffee

Other things you could include might be a mug or travel mug, coffee accessories, knitting accessories, recipies...get creative! I've provided a few links on the side to get you started.

-This is not a secret swap. You will know your pal and your pal will know you.

-Please do not sign up unless you absolutely, positively know you will not flake on your pal and that you are going to put together a brilliant package. If you do flake, you’ll be barred from any future swaps and disappoint all of us, oh so very much!

-Sign ups will be open today, at 6pm Central, to the first 50 people who sign up. I will close sign ups on November 8th (earlier if we reach 50). Pals will be matched by the 12th, and you will have one month to get your package put together and shipped. All packages should be received by December 10th. (International? Plan ahead!)

Interested? To sign up, email the following info to me at: coffeeswap AT yahoo DOT com

Name:
Email:
Do you have a blog? Y/N
Blog Address:
Country:
Will you take an international pal?
Any allergies or things you want your pal to know?

Once I have confirmed your sign-up, please be sure to accept the blogger invitation and then post to the Knitters Coffee Swap blog. Please use it to introduce yourself and to share your package with us when you receive it. Also feel free to post coffee links, recipies, ideas, or whatever is your fancy.

When I match you up, I will provide questions to help you put together the best package for your swap pal.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. This is my first swap and I want to make sure it’s quality! Oh, and of course there WILL be a contest.

Have fun!!! Sign ups open in 20 minutes!!

Edited: I added country to the list of info I need. Might help with international match-ups!:-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I just signed up but have one question: Can we say no crappy yarn? Do we get to be fiber snobs here?

Mama Grouch said...

I'm in! I am soooo excited!

Knittymama said...

Of course you can say no crappy yarn! And no crappy coffee either! :-)

mizmikey said...

=Please tell me how to sign up for this swap. I have emailed several times to the email address that I am to send to but haven't heard anything. Thanks, mizmikey
skylergram@hotmail.com is where you can reach me. Thanks a bunch!

Lori said...

I just signed up...hope I made it in....and guess what...i'm yet another yarn AND coffee snob...:)

emy said...

Alright, I have missed this one big time! Can any of you let me know when round 2 is up?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I was under the rock for this sign up... I am so sad!

Anonymous said...

I'm really bummed I missed this. A co-worker just turned me on to this site. I'm a positively voracious knitter and I work at the best coffee company in the world here in Bristol, Vermont USA. Our coffee is 100% organic and 100% Fair Trade. I would encourage all of you to visit our website and I'd be happy to donate some coffee for your "swap". Let me know and hopefully I can get on board next spring when you do this again.
Love your fellow knitter.
Carol

emy said...

Right, now that we know Round 2 is gonna be up in April -- can I please, please do an advance booking?!

:)