Monday, October 30, 2006

My first coffee memory

I come from a large family, who all drink coffee (that is except my mom, she's always been a tea drinker, which is where I got my love of tea, but that's another story!). Anyway, my first memory of drinking coffee, was back when I was probably 11 or 12. My cousin, who is a year younger than me, and I have always been close, and we spent a lot of time together as kids. When our family got together, there was always coffee. On holidays the adults would get out the big percolators to keep the coffee flowing all day long. Well, at that age when we wanted to be "considered adults", we began drinking coffee. I remember pouring half a cup of coffee into a Styrofoam cup, and adding lots of sugar and lots of cream! We did feel like such adults having that cup of coffee in our hands!! It's funny to look back at the things you did as a kid. Today, my cousin and I both still have a love of coffee, except neither one of us go for the sugar anymore!! I swear, that memory must be where my aversion to sugar in my coffee comes from!

No comments: