Saturday, November 11, 2006

What I'm working on

1. What am I knitting right now?
I'm still finishing my Day of the Dead doll; a pair of socks I started, oh, 1 1/2 years ago (and I have one done, and only about 2 inches left on the other--yeah, I know, lame lame lame); a fish blanket that I'll probably finish about the time my 11 year old makes me a grandmother; and a cardigan sweater for DH.

2. What yarns am I coveting?
Hmmm...nothing specific, I guess. I love cashmere, though. If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a bunch of that stuff.

3. What's my favorite yarn and why?
Tough call. I like how Cascade yarns knit up and felt; I love the feel of Lorna's Laces and Socks that Rock; Alchemy is just a delight to hold.

4. What's my favorite yarn store and why?
Actually it's a tie. Coldwater Collaborative is the one I visit most frequently, because I love their selection and the people who work there are friendly and honest (as in, they'll tell me the truth if I'm picking something that's not easy to work with, since I'm still in the beginning stages of knitting). The Yarn Garage is also a great store to visit, packed floor-to-ceiling with yarn. People who like orderly, boutique-y stores probably wouldn't like it, as it's fairly chaotic, but I feel very at-home in chaos. :-)

No comments: