Saturday, November 18, 2006

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

It seems we all have our favorite coffee hangouts to go to . . . some of them are where we gather to be with friends/loved one - to talk or see a performance . . . some of them we drive up to when we are rushing off to work and its raining/snowing . . . or some of them we find when we are looking for a place to rest our weary little feet after an afternoon of shopping . . . however . . . for me I have two favorite places and I don't even need to leave home . . .

The first is my bed . . . I will admit that I am very spoiled as every morning my husband makes a pot of rich dark coffee and brings me a cup just the way I like (with a little milk) while I am still in bed (this is my wakeup call) . . . we have been married 37 years now and this little ritual started during our first year of marriage . . . even when we are mad at each other we still have this little ritual . . . only when one of us is out of town does this not happen (okay I was in town when I had the kids-but not home) . . .

The other spot is in my backyard . . . behind the house and under the Mulberry trees during late spring and summer . . . it is the most relaxing place to be with a cup of coffee . . . not only by oneself . . . but it seems family and friends gather there day or night also with their coffee . . .

So I know it seems and sounds corny (I even have a creek in the backyard that you can see and hear) . . . but for me there still is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Coffee in bed every morning! What a great husband. He should give lessons in marriage.

Old Knitter said...

He also kisses me goodbye everytime time he leaves for work, grocery store, gas station, whatever . . . just in case we don't see each other again . . . he wants me to know he loves me . . . the guy is a REAL ROMANTIC!!