Thursday, November 09, 2006

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd step up and answer some of the knitting questions before we're matched up with our partners.
I already have some great ideas swimming around in my head of stuff to include in my package.

1. What am I knitting right now?
I'm recovering from a mildly productive Socktober (I think I finished one pair). I still have a pair of lace socks of my own design for my cousin on the needles plus another cabled pair, also of my own design, for me. When I don't feel like dealing with patterns I get out a sideways garter scarf that I'm working on in Araucania Nature Wool and Fiddlesticks sari silk.

2. What yarns am I coveting?
I'm looking forward to trying Alchemy soon. The colorways are so brilliant and inspiring. I've also been coveting some Handmaiden Sea Silk, but I have no idea what I'd do with it.

3. What's my favorite yarn and why?
I really like Spunky Eclectic and Ruby Sapphire for sock yarns because the color and quality are great, plus I like to support independant companies.

4. What's my favorite yarn store and why?
I really enjoyed going to Purl Soho in NYC this summer, it was one of best stocked yarn stores I've ever seen. A close second would have to be Lettuce Knit in Toronto, mostly because it's the only yarn store I've visited that has in-store cats and baskets of drool worthy Fleece Artist. In fact, I'm going there next weekend!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Lettuce Knit sounds like heaven! Yarn store cats must be awfully well-behaved cats. My cats wouldn't make the cut!

vierge_en_trop said...

Frankly, neither would mine. I have to hide all my yarn in secret places when it's not in use or else it gets eaten.