Thursday, January 29, 2009

Knitting Challenged, but still loving it!!

I am Nicole! I have been knitting for years, but somehow never learned to do anything beyond your basic scarf, blanket, or hat on circular needles. I would love to learn how to do other things, but I have a really hard time learning the techniques because all the directions are for right handed people. Some day I will take a class and learn how to knit mittens and maybe socks. This does not stop my passion for knitting however. I have knit a hat for just about everyone I know!
That's me drinking coffee on the deck wearing a hat I knit! 

I really love good coffee. I have been known to order coffee from all over the world. One of my favorite things about traveling is trying different coffees and local roasters. I love a Cafe Creme in Paris and a Flat White in New Zealand.  Some of my favorite roasters have included Stumptown Coffee, Dean's Beans, and a fabulous coffee I discovered in a recent swap the Bayshore Blend from Jersey Shores Coffee Roasters. I am always excited to try something new. I am hoping to purchase a small home roaster and start roasting my own beans at home, the ultimate coffee experience. 

I thought I would just post the answers to my questions here:

QUESTIONS
1. Whole bean or ground? Whole Bean. Is there any other way?

2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Extra Caffeine please!

3. Regular or flavored? No, flavors. None at all please. Let the pure coffee goodness shine through!

4. How do you drink your coffee? A drop of cream. No sugar. Will drink black if necessary.

5. Favorite coffee ever? Oooh. Such a tough question. There have been so many. I am a big fan of the Columbian blends, cup of excellence stuff. I love Bean Around the World in Victoria, Canada as well. The best cup of coffee ever would probably have more to do with the atmosphere and company than the actual coffee.

6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? Fussy, Fussy, Fussy

7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Scones, Brownies, Croissants

8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? I prefer a full flavored medium roast over a dark burned roast!

9. Yarn/fiber you love? Natural Fibers that are super baby soft like Merino Wool and Alpaca. I like chunkier fibers and skeins with various colors.

10. Yarn/fiber you hate? Anything Synthetic.

11. What's on your needles? Circular needles with ice blue alpaca yarn for a neck gaiter.

12. Favorite colors? Coffee, Cream, Chocolate!! lol In addition fun bright primary colors and earthy colors like orange, red, yellow and green. I tend to stay away from pinks, blues and purples.

13. Allergies? none

14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I really love locally made items, handspun yarns, and locally produced, unusual food items or ones that are unique to your region of the country. What's the point of swapping if it is an item I can purchase  myself?

No comments: