Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sign up for Round Two!!

So sorry, this round is now closed!!! Check back in October, 2007.

I thought we could use a new look for the second swap. I debated on whether to just keep using this blog or to start another one for round two. I decided to keep it simple and keep using this one.


Okay, we all know the really important stuff is the coffee and the yarn, but just to be clear, here’s the dirt:

THE KNITTERS' COFFEE SWAP

-You must love coffee and be a knitter/crocheter.

-This is an international swap, so be sure to let me know if you are NOT willing to ship internationally so I can pair you accordingly.

-This swap is for the bloggers and the blogless. If you’re blogless, be sure to use our blog often as it will help your pal get to know you a little better.

-The box should value around $30 - $40 (not including postage) and at the minimum it must include:

-coffee! (about a pound, and we’re talking the good stuff here!:-)
-1-2 skeins of yarn, enough for a small project such as a hat, socks, a scarf, etc.
-treats to go with the coffee

Other things you could include might be a mug or travel mug, coffee accessories, knitting accessories, recipies...get creative! I've provided a few links on the side to get you started.

-This is not a secret swap. You will know your pal and your pal will know you.

-Please do not sign up unless you absolutely, positively know you will not flake on your pal and that you are going to put together a brilliant package. If you do flake, you’ll be barred from any future swaps and disappoint all of us, oh so very much!

-Sign ups will be open April 16th, at 12am Central, to the first 100 people who sign up. I will close sign ups on April 30th (earlier if we reach 100). Pals will be matched by May 15th, and you will have one month to get your package put together and shipped. All packages should be received by June 22. (International? Plan ahead!)

Interested? To sign up, email the following info to me at: coffeeswap AT yahoo DOT com

Name:
Email:
Do you have a blog? Y/N
Blog Address:
Country:
Any allergies or things you want your pal to know?
Will you take an international pal?

Once I have confirmed your sign-up, please be sure to accept the blogger invitation and then post to the Knitters Coffee Swap blog. Please use it to introduce yourself and to share your package with us when you receive it. Also feel free to post coffee links, recipes, ideas, or whatever is your fancy.

When I match you up, I will provide questions to help you put together the best package for your swap pal.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. There will be contests and I'd love suggestions and prize donations. We also need a button for round two. Feel free to make one to share!

4 comments:

Le Butterfly said...

Is there a possibility that you could match the international people first. From the last round I noticed that parcels from Canada and South Africa took almost 2-3 months even though the post office says it will take maximum of 6 weeks.

StarKnits said...

I can't wait! this is going to be great!

Calling on Kahlo said...

Yeah! I emailed!

Catherine said...

I've missed out on signing up, but I'll catch up with you in the fall. Just wanted to let you in on an excellent roaster that I have been converting people to for a looooong time: Alterra Coffee Roasters in Milwaukee. They are awesome, altho Alakef is my second choice.