Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yay! I Made it Too!

Hello and thank you Knittymama for hosting this swap. I am very excited to be part of this swap, as I am new to blogging and to swapping. My name is Natalie and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. My cousin taught me how to knit when I was in fifth grade, however I really started to knit two years ago (Has it only been two years? Honestly, my yarn stash it telling a different story!) I have dabbled in other crafts as well: cross-stitch, soap making, jewelry making, and crochet. I think knitting and jewelry making are the crafts that are going to stick around for me; there's something satisfying about being able to wear something you just made.
My love for coffee started when I was eleven and my family moved to Brazil. Brazilians drink it strong and sweet; it was like candy to me. When my mom taught music at my school, my sister and I would always sneak into her office to steal from the thermos of coffee they delivered to her each day. When we moved back to the U.S., we settled in the Pacific Northwest, another nirvana for coffee lovers. The addiction continues to this day...as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing better than a good cup of coffee to start your day.
Looking forward to meeting other knitters!

No comments: