What great and helpful comments!!! I'm thrilled to see how well liked this swap has become. Don't worry, it will continue!!!! Here's what I've decided:
1. The swap will be once a year, not twice. I think that is one thing that has contributed to my slight burnout. Plus I think fall is a great time of year for a coffee swap. So from here on out, October will be swap time.
2. I need co-hosts. I think this is the best way to keep it from getting too crazy for me but also keeping it personal and open to lots of people. I would like to get three to four people to help me out, with each person handling about 30-40 people. My only question is how many people to open the swap up to. Is 200 too much? Last time I capped out at 112. I'm afraid that if there are too many, the blog won't be as much fun as it gets hard to keep track of people and remember who is who.
If you'd like to be a host/ess, here's what I'm looking for:
Someone who realizes it takes a lot of time to do a good job with it, who will not flake on me! You need to be online just about every day for the duration of the swap.
Someone who has done the swap before and participated in the blog, has a lot of swap experience or a long standing blog. I only say this because I know how easy it is to be excited about something on a blog, sign up, and drop it when life gets hectic. So I really need to know that whoever helps will seriously be on board.
If you think you meet all these requirements, e-mail me at coffeeswap AT yahoo.com
3. I need buttons for "Knitters' Coffeeswap 3" so if you can do that, e-mail them to the above address.
4. I need prizes for the contests. We had a lot of great stuff last time! Let me know if you'd like to donate.
5. The swap will open for sign ups October first and not a minute before. I know you're excited but please don't try to sign up early. I will make you wait and sign up again anyway:-)
I think that's it for now. Keep your eyes out for further announcements. In the meantime, if you're looking for something fun I've got a blog contest going on right now, so come on over to Knittymama for the Sow the Seeds contest!