Sunday, March 08, 2009

Package Recieved (a while ago actually...)

Between an extreme illness, no home internet access and confusion between my computer and cell phone...I have only now been able to synchronize the photos from the phone to the computer for your viewing enjoyment! So here it is, my swap package from Lisa!



This is what I saw when I opened the package, lots of color and texture. Boy was it fun to open all of those little packages!














This is what was in all of those little packages (and my bedspread :)
Here are a couple of my favorite little items:

A mug covered in sheep! Its a great big thing (holds 2 cups!) and I have been using it ever since I got it! (though not for coffee, as I gave that up for Lent)

A fun button! I am thinking some sort of shrug for the yarn and this button as the front closure. Right now I am thinking of a circular shrug with the green being the collar, then the red and yellow for the back part with an elephant and/or fleur de leis colorworking. Its not exactly what I want, but its getting really close!



3 comments:

Nicole Pearce said...

Can Lisa tell us where she got that oh so fun sheep mug? I love it. What a great package.

Lisa/knitnzu said...

I'm so glad you liked it all! I am hoping you'll use the fabric for a bag liner...

So the mug was made by my friend Robbi at Maple Lane Farms in Windsor, ME. Her theory is a mug should hold a LOT! I have several of her mugs and love them all. You can find her at www DOT maple lanefarm DOT net. She brings her pottery to the Fiber Frolic in June and the Common Ground Fair in September, and she has a small shop at her B&B. OR, if you know her, you can call and ask her to bring you a mug to the Augusta library (where she works) and you can just get it from her there! She was pleased that I sent one of her mugs to CA.

Nicole Pearce said...

Oh wow! This is fabulous news. I'll look for her at the Common Ground Fair. We live in Fairbanks, AK but we own 40 acres about 10 miles from the Common Ground Fair and every year we talk about camping out and riding our bikes to the fair. This will give us an added reason to go!